ReishiMax GLp® is a standardized Reishi mushroom extract that incorporates cracked spores, a proprietary technology that releases Reishi’s active ingredients, providing unique immune system activity not found in other Reishi products.*
Part of the body’s complex immune system includes a formidable arsenal of cells called Natural Killer Cells that recognize a seemingly infinite number of organisms considered foreign to the body and directly attack and destroy them. They also destroy damaged or compromised cells that occur naturally within the body as part of the cellular regeneration process. For more than 2,000 years, the people of Asia have utilized the health-promoting benefits of the rare, deep-forest Reishi mushroom. In old Chinese medical texts, Reishi is the most highly praised herb and has traditionally been used to address a variety of health conditions. ReishiMax GLp supports your body’s own natural immune system by promoting the activity of your antibodies and Natural Killer Cells. Locked deep inside the mushroom are tiny spores that are particularly beneficial for the immune system.
Through Pharmanex’s proprietary cracked spore technology, these potent immune-supporting ingredients are now more bioavailable than ever before in ReishiMax GLp. Pharmanex has also developed an exclusive multi-step extraction process that increases the yield and concentration of active ingredients. The resulting product, ReishiMax GLp, is standardized to 6% triterpenes and 13.5% polysaccharides, containing one of the highest levels of actives currently available in a Reishi product.
- Supports healthy immune system function*
- Promotes the proliferation and activity of your body’s own defensive immune cells*
WHAT MAKES THIS PRODUCT UNIQUE?
- Proprietary cracked-spore technology frees more immune-supporting Reishi actives, making ReishiMax GLp an effective Reishi product*
- A high concentration of actives makes ReishiMax GLp a powerful Reishi product
- Pharmanex® uses the red Reishi in ReishiMax GLp because it yields the highest-quality extract and has been subjected to extensive scientific evaluation
WHO SHOULD USE THIS PRODUCT?
ReishiMax GLp is for adults interested in supporting their immune defense system and promoting their body’s defensive immune cells. Adults who smoke or who are frequently exposed to environmental pollutants can also derive significant benefits from ReishiMax GLp supplementation.*
DID YOU KNOW?
- The six most common types of Reishi are the red, black, white, purple, yellow, and blue Reishi
- Red Reishi, the kind used in ReishiMax GLp, is the highest quality and the most studied of the Reishi varieties
- Reishi spores (mushroom equivalent to seeds) are the most potent source of active constituents, yet the spores of Reishi have very tough outer husks with several layers. This prevents the polysaccharides and triterpenes from being absorbed, a problem that was solved when Pharmanex employed cracked-spore technology
- Pharmanex ReishiMax GLp has been used and mentioned by name in dozens of published abstracts and studies
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How is ReishiMax GLp different from other Reishi products?
ReishiMax GLp is a proprietary Reishi extract containing one of the highest levels of active ingredients currently on the market.* This standardized product also incorporates cracked spores, a novel technology that releases Reishi’s active ingredients, providing unique immune activity not found in other Reishi products.* Pharmanex has developed an exclusive multi-step extraction process that increases the yield and concentration of active ingredients. Most Reishi products only use one extraction process, which results in a product with lower concentrations of active ingredients, and often lack the triterpene compounds. The exclusive Pharmanex® technology detaches additional polysaccharides from the cell walls, providing ReishiMax GLp with one of the highest levels of active ingredients currently available in a Reishi product.
How is ReishiMax GLp processed?
ReishiMax GLp is produced through solid wood log cultivation, which requires a 120 to 200 day cultivation period. This method is preferred over sawdust and liquid cultivation because it yields both polysaccharides and triterpenes from the fruiting body. In addition, other cultivation methods are prone to contamination and are difficult to control. Pharmanex has chosen to use red Reishi because it produces the highest quality extract and has been subject to the most scientific evaluation. Our manufacturers go through a detailed selection and certification process to ensure compliance with the Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) standards set by the Food and Drug Administration.
How does ReishiMax GLp work?
ReishiMax GLp supports healthy immune system function by stimulating cell-mediated immunity. According to the results of animal and in vitro studies, the Reishi mushroom has been shown to stimulate the formation of antibodies as well as stimulate the ability of immune cells to proliferate and modulate the functions of Natural Killer Cells.*
Are there scientific studies validating ReishiMax GLp?
Reishi has been shown in clinical studies to support immune function and promote immune cell proliferation both in animal and in vitro clinical studies. An unpublished, comparative study conducted by the Medical Institute at National Taiwan University found that ReishiMax GLp supported immune function when compared to a placebo. A study comparing Reishi products from China, Taiwan, and the U.S. found ReishiMax GLp to be the most potent and effective Reishi product available (Sliva, 2003).
Is ReishiMax GLp safe?
ReishiMax GLp is safe and well-tolerated at the recommended dosage. Individuals with known fungal allergies should be cautious when taking Reishi products.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
As a dietary supplement, take two (2) capsules daily with food and drink. Store in a cool dry place.
Keep out of reach of children. Consult a physician prior to use if pregnant or lactating, or using prescription medication. Discontinue two weeks prior to and after surgery. Discontinue use and consult a physician if any adverse reactions occur.
KEY SCIENTIFIC STUDIES
- Daniel Sliva, Ph.D., Miroslav Sedlak, Ph.D. et al. Biologic activity of spores and dried powder from Ganoderma lucidum for the inhibition of highly invasive human breast and prostate cancer cells. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2003; 9(4): 491–497.
- Veronika Slivova, BS; Tatiana Valachovicova, BS; Jia-Hua Jiang, PhD; Daniel Sliva, PhD. Ganoderma lucidum inhibits invasiveness of breast cancer cells. Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine, 2004; 2(1): 25–30.
- Wen-Chuan Lin, Yue-Wen Wu, Ming-Chun Xie, Jia-Shi Zhu. ReishiMax protects the liver and improves liver functions in an experimental hepatitis model. FASEB J, 2004; 18(5): A999.
- Yang J, Wu Z, Yao Y, Zhang Y, Zhao C, Dong Y, Tan NZ, Zhu JS. ReishiMax improves antioxidant capacity in an oxidative stress model and extends lifespan in a natural aging model. FASEB J. April 2012 (26): 373.2
- Wang YY, Wong CH, et al. Studies of immunomodulating and antitumor activities of Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) polysaccharides: Functional and proteomic analyses of a fucose-containing glycoprotein fraction responsible for the activities. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry 2002;10:1057–1062.